🤔 I’m seeing a message that says: Make sure this device is signed in with your Child’s Apple ID
🌱 This means your child’s device may not be signed in with your Child’s Apple ID as part of your Family Sharing account. This is required for 1Question to function.
Watch our how-to video below to fix this or keep reading for more information.
If you already have Family Sharing set up with an Apple ID for your child (under 13 years), skip to Step 5.
If you don’t – follow these steps:
1. Using your Parent device, open the Settings app
2. Tap on the Name at the top of the screen
3. Select Family Sharing
4. Follow the instructions to set up Family Sharing and create an Apple ID for your child.
ℹ️ The Apple ID must be set for a child under 13 years.
5. Sign into your child’s device using their Child Apple ID:
- Using your child’s device – open the Settings app and tap on the name at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and Sign out
- Sign in using your Child’s Apple ID
ℹ️ When you Sign Out of the device, any data removed from the device will still be available in iCloud. Make sure to select the items you would like to keep a copy of.
By doing this, the next time you Sign In, all of your data will appear back on the device as it was before.
If you would like to check if your Child is part of your Family Sharing account:
- Open the Settings app on your child’s device
- Tap on the Name at the top of the screen
- Select Family Sharing
- Make sure your child appears in your Family
If you would like our support team to assist you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org