🤔 I can’t get past the ‘Allow Monitoring’ screen
1Question requires Apple Family Sharing – you won’t be able to progress past the Allow Monitoring screen if Family Sharing is not correctly set up to work with 1Question. Watch our how-to video below.
If you’re still having trouble after watching the video, scroll down to our Setup Checklist.
🌱 Check that Family Sharing and your child’s Apple ID are correctly set up.
Follow these steps:
1. Ensure you have set up a Child Apple ID (aged under 13) for your child.
2. Check that your child is part of your Family Sharing network. Watch how-to
Follow these steps:
- Visit the Settings app on your (Parent) iPhone, iPad. Click on the
- Tap your name
- Tap Family Sharing
- If you need to add your Child’s Apple ID, tap + Add Member
3. Make sure the device you have installed the 1Question Child app on is signed in with your child’s Apple ID.
To check this:
- Visit the Settings app on your child’s device
- The name should match your child’s Apple ID.
If the name does not match, sign out. Then, sign in using your child’s Apple ID.
🌱 Setup Checklist
If you are still experiencing issues, be sure to check off everything on our Setup Checklist:
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection
- Family Sharing is set up with your child’s Apple ID. Watch how-to
- Your child’s Apple ID is setup as a child under the age of 13 (more info below)
- You have 2 separate devices: 1 for the Parent Control app, 1 for the Child app
- Both devices are running iOS 15 software or above. Watch how to update your software
- The child device must be logged with your child’s Apple ID. To check this: Open the Settings app on their iPhone or iPad > Your child’s name should appear at the top of the screen. Watch how-to
If you notice that your Apple ID is signed into the device: Sign out > Sign in with your Child’s Apple ID. Watch how-to
If you have checked all of the above with no luck – try restarting your devices.
📎 Related articles