🤔 I can’t get past the ‘Allow Monitoring’ screen
1Question requires Apple Family Sharing to be set up. The onboarding process will stop at the Allow Monitoring screen if Family Sharing is not correctly set up to work with 1Question.
🌱 Ensure the following:
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection
- Family Sharing is set up and your child’s Apple ID is added to your Family Sharing account
- Your Child’s Apple ID must be set up for a child under the age of 13 (see instructions below)
- You need to use 2 separate devices for the Parent Control app and the Child app
- Both devices are running iOS 15 or above (see related article)
- The child device must be logged into their Apple ID. To check this: open the Settings app on their iPhone or iPad, their child Apple ID should be shown at the top of the screen.
If you have checked all of the above, with no luck – try restarting all devices.
🌱 How to create a Child Apple ID with Family Sharing.
1. Ensure your child has a ‘child’ Apple ID (aged under 13).
2. Check that your child is part of your Family Sharing network.
3. Make sure the device you have installed the 1Question Child app on is registered with your child’s Apple ID.
To check this, go to your the Settings app on your child’s device.
The name at the top of the screen should match your child’s Apple ID.
📎 Related articles